Saturday, July 15, 2023

God, Make Me a Channel of Disturbance: The “Reverse St. Francis Prayer”

 


Faith Community Jericho Walk to support immigrants

at the Milwaukee ICE office (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) 

 every Thursday, 9:00 a.m. 



God, make me a channel of disturbance.

Where there is apathy, let me provoke.

Where there is compliance, let me bring questioning.

Where there is silence, may I be a voice.

Where there is too much comfort and too little action,

grant disruption.

Where there are doors closed and hearts locked,

grant the willingness to listen.

When laws dictate and pain is overlooked . . .

When tradition speaks louder than need . . .

Grant that I may seek rather to do justice than to talk about it.

Disturb us, O God,

to be with, as well as for, the alienated;

to love the unlovable as well as the lovely.

God, make me a channel of disturbance.

[author unknown]

 





No comments:

Post a Comment